Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Observation: Raja Yoga and the Middle Way

Along my studies of digging into the Science of the Soul I have come across some excellent literature on the scientific process whereby the sould can be Known.

I have been practicing Kundalini Yoga for some time now. And have been a reader of Ageless Wisdom as of late.

I tend to like to go to the Source of the information for the studies and practices I experiment with. One of those sources is the Bhagavad Gita, our song of the Lord from the Hindu perspective. Within those texts Yoga, or science of Union with the Soul is noted from Krishna, (GOD incarnate, an Incarnation of Vishnu) to Arjuna a disciple.

I consider that text to be "source material" another text which I have found to walk both paths of thought I am interested in, Kundalini Yoga and Ageless Wisdom, comes from antoher SOURCE of material, the Yoga Sutras, by Pantajali.

In this text, at my present location, it seems that Kundalini Yoga would be considered a form of Laya Yoga. Raja Yoga, or Kingly Yoga, is the primary focus of the Yoga Sutras. I suppose it could be called a Kingly Science of the Soul.

What I found to be of interest in the site above, found within the text, is the topic of 3 types of Aspirants, "Uttama, Madhyama and Adhama Adhikaris."

The term that stood out to me the most was, Madhyama In college I studied the Buddhist school of Madhyamaka or middle path. It seems as though the Middle Path was presented some time ago by Pantajali. Some further research is required but I would suggest that this path of Buddhism ties in well with the current unfoldment of consciousness on earth. It is said that those who have balanced 50% of their karma are now eligible to take the next step on the evolutionary ladder of existence. I would propose that those who have followed the middle way for several life times will now make up the balance of this shift, especially round 2012.

I also suspect that some additional analysis of Raja Yoga through the lense of Madhyamaka can lead to further enlightenment on the topic.

Files Under
, , ,

No comments: