Saturday, January 07, 2006

Perspective: Sa Ta Na Ma

As part of my New Age science experiment, and honestly to live a more fulfilled life, I have begun training as a Kundalini Yoga instructor. Kundalini Yoga provides a scientific approach to becoming closer with that which transcends all. It is a Yoga that greatly focuses on your Chakra System. A chakra is a vortex of energy located along the spine that connect the physical plane to the plane of subtle energies. Understanding and proper balancing of the Chakras will bring forth the next level of peace and understanding needed for humanity at this time. Another reason for my committment to Kundalini Yoga.

As part of my Teacher Training program I am to meditate for 31 minutes for 40 days in a row. I am on day 4 now and the meditation I chose includes the silently projected mantra of "Sa Ta Na Ma"

It can be interpreted to mean, Infinity, Life, Death, Rebirth. It is a very powerful mantra/meditation. While meditating I had an accute awareness of the subtle energies that were swirling around me, penetrating me and filling my being. I attribute this awareness to my Light Body course. I suspect that these energies are always in effect as Kundalini students meditate on Sa Ta Na Ma. Thanks to my Light Body course getting me in touch with my soul I am better able to percieve the subtle energies. The meditation has also been unearthing many thoughts and voices from my subconcious mind, visions even. I suspect that I have much to learn about the true meaning of Sa Ta Na Ma. I get that impression and the Ageless Wisdom I have been studying may say that I can invoke that understanding to my being.

Sa Ta Na Ma- when I ponder on this I think of my Zodiac sign, Scorpio a sign of death and rebirth. It would seem that through infinite life I can find balance...

Technorati Tags
,
,
,
,

No comments: