Thursday, July 13, 2006

Perspective: Christ a real Superman

I recently saw a spectacular movie, SuperMan Returns

It was really entertaining. There was an enourmous amount of references of Superman as a Christ Figure in this edition.

A great Many Father - Son references

Father sent only son as a saviour

At a point he falls with his arms spread, as though upon a cross

He has heat vision, okay so maybe that's not a Christ power, but I bet if Jesus wanted heat vision he could have it.


There was one scene that I found to be most powerful. Superman takes Lois Lane up in the sky, high above the clouds and asks "what do you hear?" She replied, "nothing" And Superman says, "I hear everything"... which is why I feel the world needs a savior...

Now if you keep up with me you know that I am studying some Ageless Wisdom. I am in the process of Reading The Rays and Initiations. I came across an interesting comment that I felt related strongly to this scene in the movie

on page 78 "...The world of men is seething in response to the inflow of spiritual energy. This energy has been evoked by the unrealized and inaudible cry of humanity itself.

This inaudible cry represents the sounds that Superman hears

..."Humanity has for the first time in history become spiritually invocative."

Our Saviour hears our cry, and so he shall come.



Technorati Tags
, , , ,

No comments: