Friday, April 08, 2005

Observation: Prime Mover

In my buddhist studies the discussions around a "Prime Mover" were always of great interest to me. One of the perspectives that we consistently went back to was the notion that the Concept of a Prime Mover necessitates an infinate regression. That is to say the 1st moving entity in existence must have been caused to move by something, right??? But if this is the first moving entity in existence, empitness, Ala, Goddess, God... then it must have made itself move. So it basically turns in on itself, since it must have always been to have initiated first movement.

So that was the perspective of a Prime mover that I was working with.

Recent observation of mine is that the "Prime Mover" is also the 1st mover of experience. That is to say, they experience all things prior to any other entity, or perhaps right along with the other entities, but experience them first never the less.

In man's journey through existence and growth we constantly seek those that have trail blazed ahead of us for guidance and wisdom so that we might not make unnecessary mistaks. Contemplate the "Prime Mover" for a while....

WOW

"We'll since I'm the first one to do this, I hope it turns out alright. I have nobody else that can relate to my experience in moving first, except perhaps other parts of myself."

And CEO's think they get lonely at the top.

Yet the Prime Mover is never alone,
moving first, but never along.

I'm trying to prime some movement here!

1 comment:

H~ said...

What if first movement originated in the PRESENT?