Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Perspective: Wisdom and Experience

As one seeks to communicate the uncommunicable one needs a basis for that communication. It would seem that wisdom could serve as a basis for that communication.

-Wisdom comes only from the understood experience and nothing else-

(Who is My Self- A Guide to Buddhist Meditation, Ayya Khema pg 45 Wisdom Publications 1997)

This is a powerful comment. So in order to communicate the uncommunicable one must have a direct experience of it. Then one can gain the wisdom to talk of the experience. The experience I am referencing is beyond reality (beyond conventional reality that is.) At this time I have not the wisdom of the direct experience, but I can talk around that experience as I have experienced its form from the outside.

The swirling lights, ever powerful, ever peaceful, ever pure. In cubic form, how strange? Yet they are truly formless, swirling, swirling, then fear of what lies beyond. Then back to reality.

This may mean nothing to you, but everything to me. (That's the stuff thought is made of.)

So I pose the question to those who have directly experience the uncommunicable.

In what state of mind must one be in to have a direct experience of the uncommunicable?

I think questions... are important??

No comments: